Siela Boutique was born from the idea that fashion should empower, not exploit. Based in historic downtown Waxhaw, NC, Siela provides an alternative shopping experience that is designed to be kinder to both people and the planet.
Stocked with the highest quality women's apparel, home goods, and gifts, every item at Siela Boutique was made responsibly by artisans making a living wage in safe working conditions. In addition to ethical sourcing, you can also find a variety of eco-conscious and American-made products.
We love fashion, but we don't want our clothes to come at the cost of people or our planet.
The fashion industry has become fast, cheap, and disposable. We have become disconnected from the reality of where our clothes come from and the very real person that makes them.
The demand for an endless supply of low-cost, low-quality "fast fashion" is creating a global crisis of overconsumption and, in turn, rampant waste, crippling pollution, and appalling human rights violations.
Fast fashion's high social and environmental costs are not reflected in its cheap price tag.
With each purchase we make, we cast a vote for the kind of world we want to live in. We at Siela are striving for a better kind of world. Our small part in this is to offer you an alternative—a space that you don’t have to question origin or impact—by partnering with responsible vendors that align with our core values and beliefs.
All of our products at Siela Boutique fall into one or more of the following categories:
- fair living wages, safe working conditions and workers’ rights
- fight against forced labor trafficking & child labor
- made in the USA: today only 3% of our consumption is domestically sourced, we carry a variety of American-made brands dedicated to bringing manufacturing back to the US
- environmentally-responsible farming & manufacturing processes
- organic, natural + recycled fabrics & materials
- high-quality pieces made to last a lifetime
- mission-driven businesses that seek to solve societal & ecological challenges
- preservation of artisan communities’ cultural identity & traditional skills
- access to clean water, education opportunities & health care in vulnerable communities
Small, collective actions have the power to achieve big results. Join us, and let's fashion a change in fashion - together.
"Clothes aren't going to change the world, the women that wear them will." - Anne Klein
Siela Boutique is owned and managed by Kim Henson and Alara Baltmiskis. We can't wait to meet you!